Patient Instructions Before Anesthesia
- Do not eat or drink for 8 hours prior to surgery.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the administration of anesthesia.
- You should not smoke for at least 12 hours prior to your surgery. Smoking can delay healing, so we recommend that you try to quit at least during your recovery from surgery.
- You must have a driver and/or escort to drive you home after the surgery. This person must be over the age of 18 and must stay on the premises during your surgery.
- Please wear casual clothes, including a shirt with sleeves that can be rolled up over the elbow and comfortable, low-heeled shoes. Women with longer hair should have the hair pulled back and up off the shoulders.
- Please remove all contact lenses, dentures and jewelry and do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. Vanisky, Pace and Gordon prior to your surgical date for instructions.